Monday, February 8, 2010

Karaoke Addictions

Sorry I haven't really updated in a while.  I always find myself too lazy after coming home from the library.  Research has been good and very productive, although, I get headaches from staring at the microfilm reader for too long.

Anyways, last last weekend, I found myself at a Karaoke (they call it videoke here) bar.  I told myself that I wasn't going to drink, but I ended up having 11 mugs of San Mig Light.  Needless to say, I was a bit tipsy and sang really loud into the mic.

My cousins, nieces and nephews entertained me with their awesome and not so awesome singing.

Today, however, I came across this article (via Mimi) about rising tempers and murders because of intense karaoke singing.  I do have to say that people take their karoake here very seriously.  I always find people randomly bursting into song.  At the workplace, in the elevator, at the mall. I always get startled when they start bellowing out songs.  Sometimes, it seems like I'm in a bad version of Glee.


(Chito is so intense when he's singing. LOL)

Luckily, I only sing with my family - so i don't think there will be any fights or murders in our karaoke room anytime soon.



From Ortiagas, 
With Love

No comments:

Post a Comment